Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC)
How to Prepare: Suggested Review Guides:
- Weed, R. & Hall, J. (2008) CRC Exam Guide to Success. (9th Ed.). Athens, GA: Elliot & Fitzpatrick
- Chan, F., Bishop, M., Chronister, J., Lee, E.J., & PhD, Chiu, C. Y. (2011). CRC Examination Preparation: A Concise Guide to Rehabilitation Counseling Certification. New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
- CRC Exam Secrets (2010). CRC exam secrets study Guide: CRC test review for the certified rehabilitation counselor certification exam. Beaumont, TX: Mometrix Media LLC.
- Additional exam preparation readings, including journal articles, will be distributed in CRC optional review class. The review class is offered once a year, RCS 5905, as one credit Directed studies, register through CANVAS. The class meets a total of three times (days) from 10am-3pm.
EXAM DATES/APPLICATION DEADLINES
- March Exams (Spring): A complete application must be submitted and all fees must be paid by the October deadline.
- July Exams (Summer): A complete application must be submitted and all fees must be paid by the February deadline.
- October Exams (Fall):A complete application must be submitted and all fees must be paid by the May deadline.
HOW TO APPLY: Applications are online, you must print a student verification form and obtain signature. You scan and upload the signed form and submit it to CRC through the online portal.
- How to Apply for the CRCC Exam- Online Portal Tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCoKDSS_rhw
- Students are Category G: - You do not need to enter employment information on the student verification form.
- Student Verification Form- Any RMHC professor with a CRC can sign the form.
When Can I Apply?
Students enrolled in Master’s in Rehabilitation Counselor Education (RCE) program accredited by CORE or Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling (CLRC) program dually accredited by CORE and CACREP with 75% of coursework completed by February 1st for the March exam; by June 1st for the July exam; by September 1st for the October exam.
In addition: Completion of a rehabilitation counseling internship of 600 clock hours supervised by a CRC completed prior to graduation. Student must graduate within twelve (12) months of the CRC application date under which you applied.